- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp optional
- 12 ounces lean ground pork
- 4 ounces raw shrimp shelled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup water chestnuts coarsely chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Shao Hsing wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Soak shrimp in warm water to cover for 30 minutes; drain. Mince shrimp and combine with remaining meatball ingredients. Set aside for 30 minutes. Shape into 4 large meatballs. Combine sauce ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Add cooking oil to wok or stir-fry pan to a depth of about 2 inches and heat over high heat to 350 degrees F. Add meatballs, turning occasionally; cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Lift out and drain on paper towels. Place meatballs and sauce in a pan. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 12 - 15 minutes. Place bok choy leaves over meatballs. Cover and simmer 8 - 10 minutes longer.
- Remark: For a thicker sauce, transfer bok choy and meatballs to a platter with a slotted spoon. Add cornstarch solution to sauce in pan over medium heat; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
Copyright: Yan Can Cook, Inc., 2023
Share this Recipe