- 2 stalks green onions
- 3 slices ginger about 2” rounds
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine mi jiu
- 10 oz skinless pork belly
- 1/2 cup julienne cucumber
- cup ½ julienne green onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- teaspoon ½Sichuan peppercorn powder
- 2 tablespoons Sichuan red oil*
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons broth
- In a large pot of boiling water, add green onions, ginger and rice wine. Add pork and simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool completely and slice into 1/8” slices. Place a few strands of cucumber and green onion on each slice of pork, roll up and set aside.
- To make garlic sauce, combine all sauce ingredients. Serve pork rolls with sauce.
To check if pork is done, poke a chopstick into the center. The juices should run clear without any hint of pink.
Share this Recipe