- cup ½ rice lees*
- cup ¼ sugar
- cup ½ water
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch slurry
- Remove peel and seeds from squash. Cut into wedges and place in a bowl. Steam over high heat until squash is done, about 35 minutes.
- To make sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and thicken with cornstarch slurry.
- To serve, invert squash onto a plate. Pour sauce over squash.
*Rice lees are the leftover rice grains from making wine. This ingredient may be purchased in jars in the refrigerated section of well-stocked Asian markets.
Share this Recipe