- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- black pepper pinch
- 32 medium-size raw shrimp about 1 pound, peeled and deveined
- 16 bamboo skewers
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks drained
- 1 red or green bell pepper seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add shrimp and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; reserve marinade. On each skewer, thread 1 shrimp, 1 pineapple chunk, 1 piece bell pepper, and 1 more shrimp.
- Light a charcoal fire. When the coals are all white, spread them out in one layer. Oil the grill with an oil-soaked paper towel. Place skewers on grill and cook, basting frequently with reserved marinade until shrimp feel firm and turn pink, about 3 minutes on each side.
Recipe from A Wok For All Seasons, Publisher: Doubleday
Share this Recipe